Oh, Honey! Honey Muffins!
11 days ago·
11 days ago·
When I made these honey muffins for the first time, I felt like I was transported in time to my grandmother's kitchen on a Saturday morning. Muffins that remind you of mornings waking up to the sweet smell of some breakfast treat--they are the perfect way to start your morning. The raw honey gives the muffins a little hint of sweetness. You can use and raw honey you prefer, whether its a local honey or varietal honey, these muffins are a wonderful treat. I've used the Tupelo honey and the Orange Blossom honey to make them, and both were eaten with rave reviews!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Apis Mercantile raw honey
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter, and honey. I've found that it's best to use a room temperature egg and warmed milk. I also melted the butter and combined it with the raw honey to make combining the wet and dry ingredients easier. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm. I served the muffins with butter and honey on top---delicious!