Honey Granola Bars
In our opinion, honey is one of the most important pantry staples! Not only does it never expire, but it also can be used as a natural sweetener in just about anything from sweet to savory. In this case, we used our Orange Blossom honey to sweeten and help bind the ingredients in these delicious honey granola bars. You can also use whatever Apis Mercantile honey you have on hand, Hot Honey would be a delicious spin on this recipe!
(3/4) cup unsweetened peanut butter (you can sub any nut butter of your choosing)
(1/2) cup Orange Blossom honey
(2) tbs melted coconut oil
(1) tsp vanilla extract
(1/2) tsp sea salt
(2 1/4) cups old-fashioned oats
(1 cup) pepita
(1/2 cup) mini dark chocolate chips
1. Line an 9 x 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine together the nut butter, Orange Blossom honey and melted coconut oil. Stir until fully combined.
2. Add the vanilla and salt, and stir until combined.
3. Add in the oats, chocolate chips and pepitas, and stir until completely combined.
4. Transfer granola mix into your lined pan and press granola down firmly with the back of a spoon.
5. Cover and refrigerate the bars for about a minimum of an hour.
6. Transfer the granola bars by using the parchment paper to lift it out of the pan. or so, or until they are chilled. Transfer to cutting board and cut to the size you'd like!
Make sure you store these in the refrigerator so they stay nice and chilled!